Zoodles with Sausage Bolognese
- 1 or 2 medium zucchini
- 2 oz LightLife Veggie Sausage (feel free to use any ground sausage you like!)
- 1/2 c diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dry italian spice mix (a pinch each of oregano, parsley, basil)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Truvia (or sweetener of choice)
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Water as needed
- Use a spiralizer, sharp knife, or mandolin to create noodles out of your zucchini.
- Heat a skillet over med-high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Crumble your sausage and brown in the skillet.
- Once browned, add in your diced tomatoes (juice and all) and turn the heat down to low.
- Stir in your Truvia, dry italian spices, salt, and pepper and let cook for 4min, adding in a little water (or chicken/vegetable stock) if the sauce reduces too quickly.
- Okay, so now you have a choice: save a dirty dish and add your zoodles to the skillet and cook until they are tender to your liking (about 1-2min) OR cook your zoodles separately and add your sauce on top afterwards. Decisions, decisions.
- Either way you go, plate it all up, heap it in a bowl, finish it off with a little sprinkle of parsley flakes, and enjoy!