On a diet? Meet your new best friend!
Not on a diet? Meet your new best friend, too! This super simple french toast is perfect anytime, anywhere, and is totally macro-friendly for anyone.
Super Skinny French Toast
- 3 slices light whole wheat bread (I recommend Sara Lee 45cal bread or Aunt Millie’s 35cal bread)
- 2 (92g) egg whites
- 24ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp maple extract (vanilla extract works well, too, if you can’t find maple)
- Cinnamon to taste
- Sprinkle of granulated sweetener (I prefer Truvia)
- Maple syrup (Walden Farms Calorie Free or any type of sugar free works great)
- Heat a skillet over med-high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- In a shallow baking dish (or even a paper plate) mix together the egg whites, almond milk, and extract.
- Dip your slices of bread into the mixture, holding for about 2 seconds on each side of each slice.
- Place slices into skillet and allow to cook for about a minute or two on the first side, and about 30 seconds on the second side.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and granulated sweetener; top with syrup (and then a little more syrup).
- Eat and enjoy!