My secret to the ooey-ist, gooey-ist quesadilla ever!
Steak and Cheese Quesadilla
- 2 whole wheat or low carb tortillas
- 60g (1/4c) black beans
- 25g corn
- 2-3oz steak strips
- 1 slice fat free american cheese (or 2 if you want it extra cheesy)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salsa, for topping
- Fat free greek yogurt, for topping
- Hot sauce, for topping
- Heat a skillet over med-high heat and add corn, black beans, cooked steak strips.
- Once heated through, stir in cumin and chili powder and continue to cook for 45s-1 min.
- Set the corn, bean, steak mixture aside and place one tortilla in a skillet on high heat covered in cooking spray.
- Top the tortilla with half of the cheese and allow it to start to melt.
- Then add your corn, bean, and steak mixture; top with the rest of the cheese, and cover with the second tortilla.
- Once you see the bottom tortilla get crispy and the cheese getting super melty, flip the quesadilla over to brown the other side.
- Remove your quesadilla from the pan, cut into quarters with a sharp knife, and top with salsa, greek yogurt, and some extra hot sauce!
- Admire the gooey cheesy-ness, dig in, and enjoy!
Don’t be afraid to customize this quesadilla with different fillings and toppings! You could sub shrimp or chicken instead of steak, add some avocado on top for some healthy fats and you’ve got yourself another delicious quesadilla creation!