Skinny Box Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 1 box of sugar free yellow cake mix (you can definitely use normal yellow cake mix, too, if you don’t mind a little more sugar!)
- 1 can of Sprite zero
For the topping :
- 8oz reduced fat (or fat free…or full fat…or whatever floats your boat) whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 container of Cool Whip (I use sugar free)
- 2 spoonfuls of Stevia baking blend
- Vanilla extract to taste (I like a lot :P)
- (Optional) Organic graham crackers for a crumble topping
This is my go-to cream cheese frosting recipe that will not disappoint. It’s light and fluffy like whipped cream but still has that unmistakable cream cheese goodness.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix cake mix and sprite until you get an even batter.
- Add 24 liners to a cupcake tin and add even amounts of batter to each (about 1/2 the way up the liner). *
- Bake cupcakes for 17-22 min depending on your oven until the tops of the cupcakes are just firm to the touch. Let them cool completely before frosting.
- In a separate mixing bowl, gently fold together cream cheese, Cool Whip, Stevia, and vanilla (DO NOT OVER MIX — or else your frosting will get wayy too liquidy)
- Frost your cupcakes and top with a crumble of graham cracker.
- They are ready to eat and the perfect light dessert –– so eat and enjoy!
* A great trick is to use a small ice cream scoop or melon scooper to make sure the batter is even in every liner.