Easy Applesauce ProtLoaf
- 26g whole wheat flour (can sub 14g (2 tbsp) coconut flour and 12g oat flour to make this recipe gluten free!)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (protein blends like Quest Nutrition Vanilla Milkshake work best)
- 1.5 tbsp Stevia baking blend
- 1.5 tbsp double acting baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 80g unsweetened applesauce
- 40-50g of almond milk, depending on how juicy your applesauce is
- 15g liquid egg whites
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all dry ingredients and fold in in wet ingredients. For extra fluffiness, whisk your egg whites and other wet ingredients before adding the dry ingredients, but this works just as well if you are using one bowl in order to weigh things out!
- While the batter sits, spray a loaf pan or cupcake tin with cooking spray.
- Fill the pan or tin and bake for 25-27 min for a loaf, and 20-23min for large muffins.
- Either let your loaf cool and store for a great on-the-go snack, or drizzle with some calorie free syrup right then and there and enjoy!